Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Sad day.

I lost 3 of my chickens today! I feel really sad... Now it's just Scardey Hen left. It looks like a fox did it. Just 3 piles of feathers in 3 different spots. I will look at getting more, I can just have one poor girl by her self... But I think I will make an enclosed pen. So they don't just fully free range.I will think about that all a bit later... I do know some one local who breeds Australorps.... but we will see....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australorp

More sad news. My Sweet corn tasted like card board! And my Red Aztec corn tasted even worse! I do not know why this happened! I was so looking forward to eating my very own fresh corn off the cob, bah! I shall have to try again next year.
Also My tomato's are getting those horrid grubs in them. They bore in,while still green and then as to tomato's ripens they eat it and then it rots! Have still been able to harvest some of them though.

Some bright news is that the butternut pumpkin has finally got fruit, and they sweet pumpkin is still going, making pumpkins. We used on to make scones with and they were YUM!

The Aquaponics kit final arrived. It is set up and ready to go. We just need fish (have ordered 100 silver perch fingerling) and then then a hole bunch of seedling.

So wish me luck and lets hope thing run a bit more smoothly from now on.

No comments: